Friday, June 25, 2010

The best of the gluten-free specialty products

This is a list of my favorite gluten-free products plus a few that were voted as best by other celiacs. Tastes are different, so you might find others you like better, but these are tried and true by me or other celiac patients.

Ener G pretzels

Glutino pretzels

Tinkyada pasta

Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers Gluten Free – They have these in big boxes at Sam’s

Gluten Free Pantry French bread Mix

Bakery on main granola

Udi's bread, muffins and cinnamon rolls- forget even trying the other breads. The bagel makes a pretty nice hamburger bun, too.

Pocono Cream of Buckwheat – we love this as a replacement for cream of wheat and oatmeal in the mornings.

Corn Grits Polenta – this is another morning hot cereal that we love.

Isabella's Best Gourmet Gluten Free Pizza - found at Sam’s club in Oklahoma – can’t get it in Texas I don’t know about other areas. Contact your Sam’s and ask for it.

Glutino pizza at whole foods

Gillian’s French Rolls

Mission Brand tortilla chips - widely available at most grocery stores and Wal-Mart.

Xochitl tortilla chips – my family and I love these chips.

Kinnikinnick donuts – I love the yellow donut with chocolate icing, and the cinnamon sugar.

Trader Joe’s Frozen Pancakes – we don’t have a trader Joes here, but a friend used to mail them to me.

Trader Joe’s Waffles

Amy’s Mac and Cheese – ok, not my favorite – see below, but lots of people like it.

Kraft Cheddar cheese powder for Mac and cheese – I prefer this to Amy’s. I use Kinnikinnick pasta and this cheese powder and make it like kraft mac n cheese.

Lara Bars

Lundberg Rice chips

Joan's gluten-free Great Bakes – I have not personally tried these, as we don’t have it here.

Nut Thins (Almond)Cracker – not my favorite, but is good. Lots of people find this their favorite cracker.

Enjoy Life snicker doodles

Vann’s Waffles - glutenfree regular or blueberry – these are widely available in many mainstream grocery stores. Keep in mind that Vann's makes a gluten containing waffle as well, so make sure you are getting the gluten free.

Foods by George pizzas/pizza dough – the dough is frozen and comes in a ball. You have to thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to use.

Notta pasta – rice noodles – good for Chinese or Italian dishes.

Ian’s Popcorn Turkey Corn Dog Meal and Chicken Nugget Meat - great for kids.

Food Tec – These are great convenience foods. I take them with me traveling. I was not expecting much when I first tried them, as they are made by the easy bake oven mix people. You can order them directly through Food Tec, or through Amazon.com. There were two things that were not my favorites – the corn bread, which I find too sweet, and the frostings which I don’t like at all.
Hamburger buns – you must lightly toast these, but they make a great quick bun. I also use them for sandwiches, too.
Chocolate cake – great little quick cake
Spice cake or coffee cake – another great little cake

Chebe mixes – for rolls, pizza crust, cinnamon rolls. This is very easy to use and make.

Betty Crocker mixes – Chocolate cake, yellow cake, choc. Chip cookies, brownies. These are all very good, although some people have reported reactions possibly from cross contamination.

Pamela’s chocolate cake – I love, love, love this cake mix. It satisfies my hostess cupcake cravings too, I make them myself out of the cake mix. Did I say I love this mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment